In light of this definition, it could be said that the logo is one of the ways through which a brand could be recognized.
Moving further, branding could be defined as the process of incorporating the features in a product or service which makes them distinctive from others. On the other hand, logo designing could be referred to as the process used to create a logo for the brand.
Although these concepts seem very easy to understand, most of the people mix the two to the point that logo and brand are often used interchangeably. Branding is a broad term that includes logo designing as well. In other words, logo designing is one of the functions of branding. Let’s discuss in detail the things which make them different from each other:
Difference between logo designing and branding:
- Simple vs. Complex: When compared to branding, logo designing is much simpler. The reason for this is the difference in the nature of their tasks and the position they occupy in the whole picture. Logo designing as discussed earlier is just a part of the overall branding of an organization.
- Budgetary Requirement: The budgetary requirements for branding are often huge when compared to when compared to logo designing. Again this is due to the same reason discussed above.
- Susceptibility to change: The branding strategy of the organization is more susceptible to change due to factors such as market conditions, customer requirements, etc. This is not the case with logo designing, however. The logo once designed remains the same for a long time, it may be modified slightly over time but rarely does it changes as it becomes the identity of the brand.
- Importance: Great brands require amazing logos and amazing logos require great branding. Both are incomplete without each other. A logo is required for the organization to represent its products and services with ease meanwhile branding is required to promote these products and services.
- Skills requirement: The chief skills required for logo designing are graphics designing and creativity whereas the major skills required for branding are marketing skills, communication skills, presentation skills as well as creativity.
Conclusion: The concept of branding and logo designing is clarified here through detailed descriptions of each of these as well as the differences that exist between the two. The main takeaway of this discussion, however, is the fact that both logo design and branding go hand in hand, this is the only way for the organizations to achieve huge success in their business.