Artificial Intelligence refers to the branch of computer science which is concerned with equipping machines with human intelligence, this is done through programmed algorithms which help these machines to simulate human actions and decision making. Machines or computers could be programmed to perform specific tasks with the use of this technology. Let’s explore this subject in detail:
Applications of Artificial Intelligence:
- Healthcare: The use of artificial intelligence in the healthcare industry is helping with a better diagnosis of patients. Artificial intelligence also helps healthcare service providers to formulate a better understanding of the patient’s position by analysing his/her previous medical record.
- Artificial Intelligence in education: Artificial Intelligence in the field of education helps the students as well as the teachers. Artificial intelligence can create a personalized education program for the learners by analysing the current abilities as well as the performance of these learners. Artificial Intelligence also helps the teachers by acting on their behalf to assist the students, this assistance could be in the form of answers to their questions, study material as well as guidance for them.
- Artificial Intelligence in Transportation: Self-driving cars have become a reality of this age, Artificial Intelligence technology is used to support the adequate functioning of such vehicles. Artificial Intelligence not only helps these vehicles navigate it also helps these in situations like fuel discharge.
- Artificial Intelligence in customer service: Artificial Intelligence helps businesses better understand the customers and their needs through analysing their interactions with the organization and deriving what their expectations would be in the future. Artificial intelligence also provides services for these customers through the use of applications such as chatbots, automated emails, and virtual assistants.
- Artificial Intelligence in Robotics: Artificial intelligence is the backbone of robotics technology which could be used to serve the purpose such as manufacturing. Such an activity reduces the cost of production for the organizations thus improving their profitability.
- Personal Assistant: Smartphones of today are equipped with personal assistants which help users perform various actions through verbal or written commands. These personal assistants are powered using AI technology.
- Logo Graphic Design AI: Nowadays, design companies are using artificial intelligence in an easy manner, they only draw the symbols & icons and let the system select the font. All you have to do is to write the name of your company and system shows you different fonts with all icons and symbols in the system to select from. These days if you want to buy a logo, it’s simple and easy.
Benefits of Artificial Intelligence:
- Greater Accuracy: Unlike humans, machines do not make mistakes if programmed properly. Furthermore, the accuracy of these tasks increases along with time as these computers learn from the experiences using complex algorithms.
- Exceed human limitations: The jobs which are really difficult or even impossible for humans could be performed by machines through the use of artificial intelligence. Tasks such as mining, exploration of oceans or even visiting another planet such as Mars to get more information about it could be performed by robots utilizing the power of AI.
- Continuous Performance: Machines do not require to take rest or refreshment breaks. Unlike humans, machines can work 24/7 without any interruption.
- Better Decision making: The power of AI is used to derive meanings from the data which could be used for decision making. This ultimately ensures better decisions are made. Taking things even further, this decision making could be automated to eliminate the requirement of human involvement.
- Cost Reduction: Many of the tasks now require less human capital and even no human resources to be executed due to automation. This ultimately reduces the costs for the organizations thus improving their profitability.
Challenges of Artificial Intelligence:
- Awareness of the technology: For most people, Artificial Intelligence or Ai is just another buzz word of the 21st century. This makes them unaware of how they can benefit from this technology and use it to their advantage.
- Investment: The initial investment required for implementing Artificial Intelligence for the organizations is huge. Most of the organizations are unwilling to take this risk.
- Prone to Malfunction: Artificial Intelligence technology is still in the initial phases of development. In simple words, the software which is used to perform artificial intelligence operations is still very weak which is highly susceptible to malfunction.
- AI cannot perform all the tasks: Artificial Intelligence is unable to perform all the tasks. In most cases, it only acts as a complement to humans rather than the whole commander of the task.
- High Expectations: Most of the people form very high expectations from AI technology, they consider it as a reality which has jumped out from the screen of a science fiction movie. This is not true however as Artificial Intelligence is still performing the tasks which are rather considered very simple and easy.
Conclusion: Artificial Intelligence seems to be the future of humanity considering the growth of its use. It has many advantages to offer but the challenges surrounding this technology are to be dealt with to achieve full potential this technology has to offer.