A marketer which would have been considered an expert ten years ago would be considered unskilled today as the skills required for marketing has changed almost completely. Not only the skills requirement has changed, but the job description of marketing professionals is also different from what it used to be just ten years ago. Let’s discuss the skills required by marketing professionals to succeed in their career:
Top skills needed by marketing professionals in 2020:
- Search Engine Optimization: Search Engine Optimization or SEO refers to the activity which is pursued to increase the number of visitors coming on the website which is usually known as traffic. This is done through improving the ranking of the website in search results. Through the use of such activity, marketers are able to generate more traffic for their website which results in a higher number of conversions.
- Writing and Content Creation: Organizations are gaining huge business through the use of content marketing which refers to attracting the customers and potential customers through the use of content. This not only includes written content such as blogs but also content like vlogs, podcasts, visuals etc.
- Social Media: Social media is one of the greatest medium for the organizations to connect with their audience, it could be used to communicate, engage and facilitate the customers. Marketers should know how to use these platforms so that they could leverage its power in their marketing efforts.
- Graphics Design: In this digital age, the concern that how the businesses look over the internet is one of the foremost. Marketers are therefore needed to equip themselves with skills such as graphics design, website design and other relevant skills that make a business look good visually to their customers.
- Creativity: It is said that creativity sells. This statement is even truer today as you need creativity to be unique and to stand out from the rest to break the clutter of information available to the customers. Marketers are needed to be creative in what they do.
- Communication: Communication in simplest words means the exchange of information that happens between individuals, groups or organizations. In the globalized world of today the marketers are needed to communicate with a diverse audience, this becomes the reason why the marketers are needed to be great in their communication skills.
- Analytical Skills: Businesses are now required to make data-driven decisions. Data-driven decisions require meanings to be formulated from the data. Marketers are needed to equip themselves with these skills so they could be able to make better decisions.
- Digital Advertising: Digital Advertising refers to the use of digital platforms to reach customers through the use of advertising. Digital advertising improves targeting to a great extent, furthermore, the result acquired through digital advertising have better measurability. It becomes very important therefore for the marketers to learn how they would be able to advertise their business on digital platforms.
Conclusion: Marketers are considered torchbearers of growth for the organizations. They not only help the business grow but also help it create a strong image and reputation. The marketers with outdated skills, however, cannot provide this benefit for the organizations, therefore it is very necessary for the marketers to learn the skills which would help them survive in this age.
For this, they need to develop the skills discussed here as well as other skills which would help them grow not only as a marketer but as a person as well. If you are a marketing company and want to start your marketing business buy logo design today by the best professional designers.