All logos are not good logos however, there are some qualities which are needed in the logo for it to be great. As logo design experts we recommend the following seven qualities a logo must have:
- Simple: The simplest logos are the best ones today. Simplicity not only makes your logo more memorable it also increases its credibility and sparks curiosity among your customers. As a brand, you have a lot to communicate to your customers but you should remember logo is just a visual image, not an encyclopaedia. Don’t try to communicate everything about your brand using just your logo rather make it as simple as possible.
- Relevant: The logo should be relevant to your audience and the products or services you offer. Use the right colours, the right font as well as the adequate concept when designing your logo. An example of such is the logo of WWF, it uses a Panda image to show its relevance.
- Memorable: The logo should be able to create a long-lasting impact for it to be remembered by the target audience. The logo should have simple fonts as well as a design which could be easily remembered. Don’t create complex logos which will confuse your customers about your brand and make it less likely to be remembered.
- Consistent: Logo is not a thing which you can change every day as this is how you want your customers to recognize you through it. Furthermore, the use of it should not be less than what is required, don’t keep the use of logo limited to your letterheads or visiting cards. Consistency here refers to the consistency of logo as well as the consistency of its use.
- Versatile: Logo has many uses, from the visiting card of your employees to the large screens where you display them in your advertising. The logo should look amazing despite the type of its application. Considering all the uses when designing a logo would help here a lot.
- Unique: There exists a lot of businesses out there hence meaning a lot of logos. To stand out as a business, you need to make sure your logo stands out. This can be achieved through a unique custom logo which is designed just for you. Don’t try to copy other logos when making your own rather make your logo from scratch for achieving this purpose.
- Meaningful: The logo should be able to communicate meaning. The font, the style, the colours, the design, the objects as well as other elements should be selected keeping the core brand identity in mind. A great example of it is the Disney’s logo, it shows the image of a castle hence representing fiction as well as the font which seems to be painted representing creativity.
Conclusion: Logos are the core elements of a brand’s identity. The best logos are the ones which are custom designed keeping all the above guidelines in mind. The points discussed above make all the difference between “just a logo” and “a great logo”. If you want to buy logo you can get one with the 50% discount.