The philosophy of design is the answer to why things look the way they are and why they look good or bad to us. Designing is a very old concept and has a lot of applications. It could be viewed from a lot of different perspectives. The design in this age however mostly refers to a digital design which is created with the help of computers.
Designers are one of the most important people nowadays as they create visual representation digitally, doing so is not easy however and they often find themselves stuck. They are required to be smart with their approach to avoid such a situation. Let’s discuss how they can do so:
10 tips to be an amazing designer:
- Alignment:Alignment is the key to making your design look presentable and professional. If you design an amazing piece and miss out on this one, all your efforts will go in vain. If you feel the design is amazing but still somehow doesn’t looks the way you thought it would be, then the chances are high that your design is lacking this element.
- Use icons: Icons help you deliver the message you want to communicate with your design. It makes your design easy to comprehend for the viewers and uplifts it by making it more understandable.
- Review and Refine: As a designer, you should not be in a hurry to submit your work rather you should review it for the possible errors and areas you may have left. It gives the necessary final touch to the design and save you from possible disappointment in front of your clients or seniors you are working for.
- Font combination: Don’t use a combination of font that makes your design look awkward. It is recommended that you use variants of fonts belonging from the same font family. Furthermore using only two variants of fonts in a piece is recommended, you can increase the number however if it doesn’t distort the quality of your design.
- Utilize contrasting: Contrasting your design makes it look amazing by making it more versatile. You can use the brightness function or contrasting colours to make your design more contrasting.
- Keep it simple: Say it the way it was meant to be said. What this means in designing is to make sure that you don’t do a lot more than what is required as by doing this you blur the real message that is meant to be communicated with your design.
- Practice: Don’t stay limited to the skills you possess today. Try to improve yourself by practising your current skills as well as new skills. Try to practice at least one design a day apart from the work you do. You can utilize the internet to help you with that. A simple search on google will give you a lot of useful material or even better, there are high chances you will find a tutorial for it on youtube.
- Choose the right colours: This is one of the most important essentials of designing. It is necessary when you are creating images with contrasting colours as well as the images with consistent colours. Furthermore, you can utilize the colour which matches your brand. This is mostly done by using the colours incorporated in the logo of the brand for which you are making your design.
- Take breaks:Sometimes you may think you are doing well by putting a lot of time in the work. This may be true but you may burn out and your creativity may decline as a result to the point that you may not be able to even think let alone working. To avoid such a situation, try to take small breaks during work. This will recharge you for doing even better.
- Don’t hesitate to be different: Designing is all about being creative. However, you may do the same type of work just to be perfect. This practice is good but you should sometimes think outside the box and try to create something different from what you usually create. This will help you grow your creative potential.
Conclusion: The job of graphics designers is becoming more challenging as days goes by. They need to become more competitive and skilled to survive in today’s market. The tips discussed here would surely be helpful for you if you are a graphics designer looking to grow yourself, a professional looking for information or just an ordinary guy looking to gain some knowledge. If you want to buy a logo for your business or company; you can get one at buy custom logo.