“To err is human” and we should know that no matter how experienced the designer is, he is still human. So, it doesn’t hurt to know what these mistakes could be and take precautions so that these mistakes don’t occur. Read this post if you want to know what these mistakes could be.
Designing a logo by yourself may seem exciting and fun or hiring a cheap logo designer just because you don’t want to spend too much on designing a logo and probably don’t think it’s important is a huge mistake. Your logo represents you and your company. So, you need to be careful with what you do and who you hire to design your logo. Here are some mistakes in logo designing you need to look out for:
- If your logo looks amateurish, your company will earn a bad reputation for a long time. You should never go for the cheaper option as it will cost you a lot more than you bargained for.
- You should never ask favours from your friends or family who may have a little graphic design experience because there’s a 98% chance, they will mess it up.
- You should research on various logo designing companies and check their ratings and clientele. It will help you to decide which company is better.
- You should be aware of the latest trends and avoid designing logos as such as they might get old quickly.
- You should avoid using raster graphics as they are not very scalable. If they are expanded too much, they will start to pixelate and that will obviously become a problem.
- Don’t use a complex design as if you will minimize it, it will start to look as if there was a printing error.
- You should always start with a black and white design as you will have to see whether your logo looks good in monochrome or not. Adding colour should be done in the last stage.
- If you have worked hard on the logo design and yet you fail to choose a proper font, your whole logo will be ruined and look amateurish.
- If you have a few things to write on your custom logo, make sure it is one font only. If you go for more than one font, your design will look as if it has been designed by a kid.
- Last but not least, your design should not look as if it has been copied off from someone else’s work. Even if that certain company is out of business, you still don’t have the right to copy someone else’s hard work. Always remember that it is a matter of work and professional ethics and represents yourself as well.